Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday!



I haven't done Thankful Thursday for awhile and when I started this blog I promised myself that this would be a post I would keep up weekly with because it is so important to remind yourself of all the wonderful things you are thankful for. Unfortunately I haven't done a very good job so far. So starting with this week I am going to do better!

I am thankful for Temples. I am so thankful that the Lord has prepared a place for us that we can go to regularly and get even closer to Him. On August 15th I am going to be going through the temple to take out my endowments. I couldn't be more excited! When my sister got married in the temple and I waited outside that day I thought that I would never be able to go in because of decisions I had made. I'm so thankful for the atonement and knowing now how far from the truth that is.

This is our Relief Society Presidency. I love these girls so much and am so thankful for the example they are in my life. They have shown me what it means to be a true leader. The closeness that they have with Heavenly Father strengthens my testimony. They truly care and have a genuine concern about every sister in our branch. From the right is Jana our secretary. Jana is such a sweet person and is always looking for the bright side of a situation. She does a wonderful job making everyone feel welcome and loved. Next to her is Jen the 1st counselor. I love Jen so much! She was become one of my best friends. I love hanging out with her, we can talk for hours about anything and everything. She is so encouraging and I am a better person for being able to serve with and be friends with her. Then, Amanda, the President. Amanda is just awesome she is so close to the spirit and truly just loves everyone! She is always encouraging us to be better and to do a little more. I have grown to be great friends with and love to hang out with her. Oh ya and then me of course as usual I'm the midget of the group!!! Thanks girls :) You have helped me more than you'll ever know!



This is just a random picture of Jen, Amanda, and Me (looking terrible!) after a long day of meeting, but notice we are still smiling:)))




2 comments:

Christan said...

I am so excited for you!! But I am especially excited that it worked out for us to be there! :o}

JENNIFER said...

OH goodness T! I love you too and that day of meetings was insane, I know that it was against God's will for us to be so busy on the Sabbath! :) I love you and am so blessed to have you in my life. You do so much for me and are such a strength to my testimony! Have fun in Mesquite this weekend! PS Your hair is HOT!