Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Turning 30 on Friday the 13th!!!

How did I get so lucky that this would be the year my birthday would fall on Friday! Despite being on Friday the 13th it was great (minus the slight ankle sprain). My grandma took my sister and I and some of the family out to a really nice dinner the night before my birthday, it was really yummy. Usually my birthday falls over Spring Break so I don't ever have to worry about the kids or anyone else embarassing me at school. Well this year that didn't happen. So here is my story. My best friend, Becca, who is exactly 6 months and 1 day older then me got a lot of harassment from me when she turned 30, and has been telling me ever since she was going to get me back. All week she had been telling me that she was sending a Scottish guy to my school to play the funeral march on the bagpipes. I was totally sure she was just joking, and really never thought anything of it wellll the morning of my bday I get a text that says "k the bagpiper should be there any minute!" and I send back our famous "wwwwww" this was about 9:45 and I knew she had class at 10 and was figuring I was more than safe. Not two minutes later (I had the kids outside running) this boy in my class (who she told to tell me this) runs outside to me and says "Miss Sullivan there's a guy in our room!" Jory was coming to get my keys to take my car, so I said "I know it's fine don't worry about it!" and he said "No! he's scottish, playing the bagpipes and wearing a kilt!" At that moment I hear the music coming from the side of the building and take off running the other way and yep you got it fall right on the ground and totally twist my ankle. Luckily, from around the corner I don't see anyone Scottish, but just Becca with a CD player, playing the funeral march. So, I have to admit she got me good on this one! I couldn't be mad for too long since she brought the kids cake
Photobucketcomplete with black roses, but it was so yummy! She even remembered to bring forks, cake cutter and plates. (is she a mother or what!) She also gave me a photo album that I love and a bracelet that says "Live Well. Love, Much, Laugh Often" my favorite saying. I love it! So even though she got me good who else would go to all the trouble and the kids were more than happy. Thanks Bec :) I love ya, but next September isn't too far away! I have to start plotting now!
My room mom came in later that day and brought me a cheesecake, complete with 30 candles, and Mountain Dew. She is such a sweetheart :)
Photobucket
Jory gave me clothes and flowers. I'm not so crazy about flowers most of the time, but these were pretty. He also took me out for Seafood that night..my favorite! The yellow ones were from my friend at school, she also made me homemade reeses peanut butter cups. Yummy!
Photobucket
I got to pick out my own presents from a lot of people, so I took advantage of it and went bargain shopping in Vegas over Spring Break. Lots of good stuff :) I still can't believe I have to say I'm 30! I think I'm holding at 29 still.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

So happy you had such a great birthday!

Christan said...

Dang! You are getting so old!! I am not going to be 30 for forever!! I love that you are 3 months older than me so I can rub it in at times like this!! Glad you had a memorable day!! (p.s. I am still in my 20's and you're not!) :0)

FOSTER FAMILY said...

Hey Tara! I am so glad you found me it will be nice to keep in touch with you. Happy late b-day by the way. You, Lisa and I should all get together some time.

Unknown said...

I am so sad that we didn't get to see each other! I have a little something for your b-day that I was going to give to you when I was down there, but I guess it will be a late gift. Hopefully it will be before your next b-day! :) I love you! Hope you are doing wonderfully. Talk to you soon!